Saturday, May 10, 2014

Day 4 was at the rather new Atlanta Motorsports Park near Dawsonville Georgia.  I have never seen a track with such amazing elevation changes.  This track is one of the new country club style road courses being built around the country.  With my engine just repaired I was probably a little conservative in my run but still came out with a 24th place of the first run and 21st on the second.  After finishing up at Atlanta we headed off to the BMW Performance Center in Greer, South Carolina near Spartanburg.  That leg of our transit was only 147 miles but after the event at BMW we had another 651 to go and didn't leave until 6:30 pm.  We arrived at the hotel about 4 am and got about 3 hours of sleep.
At the BMW event they provided with a box lunch so we didn't have to stop to eat that night.  I was a little worried about BMW's event since a portion of it is much like an autocross and I don't have ABS.  My goal was to get a clean run and not slide the tires--working to be smooth.  I had a great run and came in 13th, which was great since we probably lost 500-600 points not making 4 events on Monday in New Orleans and Mobile while repairing the engine.  Tomorrow would be New Jersey Motorsports Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment